Friday, June 13, 2008

Finally a fire

My patience has been tested this spring, yet again. I thought I would get my economic stimulus from the government by way of direct deposit. Don't know why I thought that, but I did. However, I had to wait and wait for the paper check. I was just so excited for it to come and made list after list of different ways I could spend this bonus money!

First thing on my list was the PRAXIS exams. They are the Pennsylvania state teaching exams and a must for anyone seeking certification - as I am. Other things on my list were a trip to the dentist, minor car repairs and a pedicure.

But the thing I was most anxiously awaiting my check to buy was a fire pit of some sort for my back yard! My favorite thing about camping is most definitely sitting around the fires at night. I loooooove it! So I couldn't wait to have a pit so I can light fires whenever I want to and not wait for the rare camping trip! While I waited I started storing up branches that fell from the trees in my yard and keeping them dry in a big plastic bin on the back patio. I'm also drying out branches I've pruned as well.

Well, the check came last weekend and yesterday I bought my much beloved fire pit! So last night I finally sat out back and enjoyed a fire!

I must admit though that the wood was so dry I spent the whole time adding more on! I went through more than half of my stash in the 20 minutes I was out there! haha. I now know I need some logs, maybe those fireplace logs that burn for a long time.

Oh, but I can't wait for cool summer and fall evenings by the fire...friends coming over and making smores or pies...I'm loving it!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Hey Krista!

It's Danielle Hugo- I don't really know how I found your blog but I did!! How are you?? I have one also...It is Kalani22185.blogspot.com Come visit! You can see pics of my little boy :-) Hope you are doing well!!

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

you have a blog! Well, get to writing missy... we love you!